Unique Resource Base
The Company owns the world’s secondlargest proven iron ore reserves, according to JORC1 , amounting to approximately 14.2 billion tonnes, which at current mining levels guarantees approximately 140 years of reserve life.
Metalloinvest is a leading global producer of merchant hot briquetted iron (HBI), iron ore, metallised products and highquality steel.
Metalloinvest’s vertical integration enables the Company to be extremely flexible in response to demand and offer a wide range of products with various levels of added value, from iron ore concentrate to long steel products.
Low and Controllable Cash Costs
The cash cost of HBI / DRI and pellets produced at Metalloinvest’s companies is among the lowest globally.
Extensive high-quality resource base
Use of low-cost magnetic separation in iron ore beneficiation
Advanced production technologies
In-house mine development without third-party involvement
Low iron ore shipment costs
Proximity to mature infrastructure (natural gas, energy, roads)
Diversified Sales Geography
Metalloinvest supplies products to more than 50 major clients all over the world, thus effectively combining long- and mid-term supply contracts with spot transactions.
Metalloinvest sales geography, USD million
Global iron ore reserves in 2016,
* Source: U.S. Geological Survey and company data.
producer of merchant HBI / DRI
by proven iron ore reserves
producer of iron ore pellets
producer of merchant iron ore
GREATER SHAREHOLDER VALUE
- Enhance the scale and quality of business
- Ensure sustainable growth and higher long-term value
Higher Sales Margins
- Increase the Company’s global market share for high-quality metallised products, mainly in HBI and DRI
- Strengthen the Company’s positions in the high-quality rolled steel market
Improved Operational and Management Efficiency
- Focus on the efficient development of existing iron ore deposits
- Reduce the cash cost of production and iron ore processing
- Optimise existing processes and integrate new technologies
Stronger Investment Case
- Improve transparency
- Promote a balanced management approach to ensure talent development and protection of communities and the environment